Living with covid-19 in 2022
Household and close contacts
Household and close contacts do not need to self-isolate if they do not have any symptoms, but must follow NSW Health household and close contact guidelines.
People who test positive to COVID-19 must continue to self-isolate for 7 days from the date of their positive test and follow the testing positive to COVID-19 and managing COVID-19 safely at home advice.
Unvaccinated international arrivals
Unvaccinated international arrivals are no longer required to undertake hotel quarantine. These passengers now follow the same guidelines as fully vaccinated international arrivals and take a rapid antigen test within 24 hours of arrival.
Penalties: It is still an offence to not comply with a Public Health Order. Penalties can apply to individuals and corporations. Additional on the spot fines can also apply.
Current NSW Rules as of 22 April 2022.
For Fosterton Retreat to be COVID-19 safe we need visitors to agree to the following:
Practice Good Hand Hygiene: See "Coronavirus video- Good Hygiene Starts Here."
Please see the "Covid-19 Test & Isolate National Protocols further down on this page & work through this checklist before your visit:
1. Have you, or any of your party returned from OS in the last month? Y/N
If 'Yes', have you followed current Australian health orders? Y/N If 'No' you cannot visit Fosterton Retreat and must cancel your booking.
All international travellers and flight crew arriving in NSW will be required to undertake a Rapid Antigen Test within 24 hours of arrival and isolate until they receive a negative result.
Of course symptomatic arrivals will be required to get a PCR as soon as possible and isolate until negative result is received. If the PCR test is positive, the arrival must treat themselves as a positive case.
3. Have you had a positive covid test in the last 7 days? Y/N
If 'Yes', you cannot come and must isolate for 7 days after the positive test, as per NSW health advice. Y/N
If 'No' you can visit Fosterton Retreat.
4. Are you or any of your party, a close contact of a positive covid case and have symptoms? Y/N
If 'yes' use the NSW covid-19 household & close contact guidelines to determine if you are a close contact and follow the instructions set out there, ie: they hey need to self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19.
If in the 72 hours prior to the time of your visit any of you are unwell with respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath or a sore throat, please let us know and immediately get tested (PCR/RAT).
• After your test you should self-isolate at your home or accommodation until you receive a negative result, even if you are fully or partially vaccinated.
• You cannot come to Fosterton Retreat until your results come back negative.
• If your results are positive you must cancel your individual booking and follow NSW medical advice.
• House bookings can still go ahead with others in your group if the checklist above clears them.
• Of course if your results are negative for covid-19 you are welcome to come without any changes and subject to the above checklist.
If you need to cancel your booking at the last minute due to a positive covid-19 test, contact us asap, send evidence of your positive test and we will move your booking or give a refund.
If you or any of your group becomes unwell while at Fosterton Retreat
• Please call your own GP or health direct on 1800 022 222.
• If you need to be tested you must self isolate until your results come back negative. You can drive straight home without stopping anywhere and self-isolate OR stay in a self isolation at Fosterton Retreat, at your expense.
RATs (Rapid Antigen Test) can still be difficult to source, therefore we are not mandating you prove your negative status unless you answer yes to one of the relevant questions above. However if you can source one, it provides your group with peace of mind.
Remember symptoms include fever, cough, sore/ scratchy throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell.
For Retreats: We practice good hand hygiene, social distancing, and we encourage mask wearing when distancing is not suitable. If you are part of a vulnerable group, or need to be extra careful please let us know and we can tighten the protocols for your protection.
If you have any questions about our protocol let us know or if you have medical questions contact the National Coronavirus Helpline 1800 020 080. This line operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with additional options for priority groups.
For more information go to:
When you leave please leave open any windows under cover, so the place is ventilated before the cleaners come through.
We rely on your honesty to keep us all safe.
Also as part of our covid protocols, there is hand sanitizer at the door of each accommodation, each surface is cleaned between visitors, handwash, extra cleaning spray under the sink for you to give anything an extra clean, & a 24 hour period between most bookings to allow for good ventilation,